I was going through so much at such a crucial time in my life. The relationship that I was in was something that I knew I didn’t want to be in for the rest of my life. I knew that I didn’t want this person to continue to be someone that I was supposed to build with. I knew that. But I only realized that when I saw all of the differences in us that really created too much space. We grew apart. Love is always an option. You can choose to feel love, and as far as loving myself; I really felt like things were going to get better and when they didn’t, I blamed myself. I continued to imagine if things were actually better instead of if they get better. I truly believe that when you insert the word “if”, you ultimately create a cloud of doubt. And who needs doubt? How is doubt going to make your situation any better? How is doubt going to give you the leverage you need to succeed at anything? When doubt comes into play; you begin to create a lifestyle, and mindset around that doubt and then it becomes a reality. You ultimately create that world because you initially ran with a thought of doubt.
“If the brain expects that a treatment will work, it sends the healing chemicals into the bloodstream, which facilitates that. That is why the Placebo Effect is so powerful for every type of healing. The opposite is equally true & equally powerful; when the brain expects that a therapy will not work; it doesn’t. This is called the Nocebo Effect“.
Ways I began & maintained my healing process
One of the hardest things for me to do was to maintain my mental progress. There were times I sat in the corner crying because I just couldn’t see the end of the tunnel. Where is the light? Why am I not able to continue on this path through transition without getting upset and losing it?
- WRITE A GRATITUDE JOURNAL: Every morning I wrote in my journal thanking the Universe for everything that I was going through because everything that I was experiencing was going to benefit me in the long run. We encounter so many forks in the road, and distractions on the path of enlightenment that we all seek to travel without bumps (a smooth road on this path doesn’t exist). This journal doesn’t have to be special. It just has to be something that you’re actually willing to fill up with all of the things in the world you are grateful for.
- FOCUS ON YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE: I knew that I wanted to help people and continue to move on a path of enlightening other people as I traveled on my own path of enlightenment. But in order for me to help people, I needed to make sure that I was on my own path and able to be an inspiration to others. I cannot inspire if I have not lived the path that I am taking others on a journey through.
- STAY OPTIMISTIC: It is so damn hard for us to continue to remain positive. We cannot naturally expect this to just fall into place. We have to take action in order to remain positive. By human nature we are negative in our thoughts sometimes. When you’re in a nail shop, and you hear the conversation around you; your brain has you thinking that those around you are talking about you. The truth is, it doesn’t matter if they are or not. Lets not let your brain go down the path of negativity.
- MEDITATE: This was so difficult for me!! I would sit there with my mind racing. My frequency would be all wrong. I was a mess. And in the beginning I began to wonder if I was ever going to be any good at meditating. But eventually I continued and made sure that my mind was quiet. You have to practice meditation.
- PRACTICE THE PLACEBO EFFECT: Our minds have the power to heal. I think often we misunderstand the power of the mind. It is so important for us to understand that our mind is an extremely powerful tool. The placebo effect is due to a person’s expectations. Like acupuncture and reiki, it is a healing practice. This article below perfectly explains the Placebo Effect and how it can work wonders…
The 1980s by the Aldus Corporation
Your mind can be a powerful healing tool when given the chance. The idea that your brain can convince your body a fake treatment is the real thing — the so-called placebo effect — and thus stimulate healing has been around for millennia. Now science has found that under the right circumstances, a placebo can be just as effective as traditional treatments.
“The placebo effect is more than positive thinking — believing a treatment or procedure will work. It’s about creating a stronger connection between the brain and body and how they work together,” says Professor Ted Kaptchuk of Harvard-affiliated Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, whose research focuses on the placebo effect. (click here continue reading…)